Since 1972, the operating principles that ultimately birthed ScriptureDoc are these:
- The word of God was written for regular people and it has to make sense. For that matter, God Himself must make sense; otherwise how can we know Him, and what benefit would there be in knowing Him?
- When God or his word doesn’t make sense, our understanding is lacking, not Him or His word. We need to investigate, educate ourselves, and expand and adjust our knowledge, perception, and understanding.
- The goal is to, “Endeavor to present yourself to God qualified, an unashamed worker, correctly cutting the word of the truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
- We can learn from all the scripture: “All scripture is inspired by God, and is beneficial for teaching, for exposure, for correction, for discipline in righteousness, that the man [or woman] of God may be equipped, fitted out for every good act.” (2 Timothy 3:15-16)
- If we seek the Father, we will find Him: “Request and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who is requesting is obtaining, and who is seeking is finding, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
ScriptureDoc is a forum where we look into what the word of God REALLY says, and what it REALLY means. If you’re happy with what you’ve learned about God and the Bible so far, this probably isn’t for you; however, if you’re curious and open to what is often an alarmingly fresh perspective, jump on in.
Check out the recordings and archive of more than 184 live study teleconferences, called “Light Up The Scriptures.”
Enjoy the book, “GO GOD! Jump on or hang on, ’cause God’s gonna win!“ at www.BarbaraBrown.com/books.
Meanwhile, blessings and joy in the journey.